Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Setting up for tonight’s make-or-break game at Pendleton, The Dalles boys’ soccer team has been outscored.
TD trailed 3-1 at the half, but 6A Tualatin scored four straight goals in a 7-1 victory Saturday in a non-league match played at Wahtonka.
The lone goal came off the foot of sophomore Andy Lopez, to get the Hawks within striking distance, but Tualatin had a second wind and finished off with four second-half goals.
“The wheels fell in that game,” said TD head coach Matthew Dallman. “It was incredibly frustrating.”
Riverhawk goalkeeper Jose Gutierrez made one save in net to get the loss.
The Dalles (4-8 overall, 1-3 league), now No. 17 in the 5A class, heads out to Pendleton at 6 p.m. tonight in a Columbia River Conference matchup in Pendleton (1-8-1, 0-3-1).
“We have Pendleton away on Tuesday, which is our championship game to get into the playoffs,” Dallman said.
More like this story
- Five Hawk players earn spots on CRC list
- For the Record for November 17, 2017
- Vet explains public ‘outrage’
- Immigration march draws 65
- No rate hike from PUD
- Rangers are ready to continue historic run
- Guest Column: We have a responsibility to animals
- Letter to the Editor: District in transition
- Letter to the Editor: Outrageous tax plan
- Letter to the Editor: A complicated grief
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge