Friday, May 19, 2017
A repaving project will require the complete closure of the Brewery Grade roundabout Sunday night and restrict driving on Monday and Tuesday nights. The work by the Oregon Department of Transportation and city of The Dalles will be performed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., easing the disruption for motorists. Improvements will be made to the roundabout and U.S. 30 Highway near the intersection with State Road.
Beginning Sunday night, May 21, workers will close the roundabout to grind out the surface of the roadway and coat it with fresh asphalt. On Monday and Tuesday nights, flaggers will control traffic on one lane while the paving takes place to the east end of the project near State Road intersection. The city and ODOT partnered on the $370,000 project to minimize the overall cost to each agency.
City crews paved much of Third Street this week, causing intermittent lane closures.
More like this story
- Serving and remembering
- Looking Back on May 28, 2017
- TD softball nets CRC honors
- Hull celebrates Illinois journey
- Sluggers cap year in eye-opening fashion
- For the Record for May 26, 2017
- Agency urges holiday safety
- Fruit fly spray now required
- Girl injured in rollover crash on I84
- Students paint mural in American Samoa
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge