Tuesday, May 9, 2017
To the editor:
The NORCOR board is asking for a permanent tax rate for operating expenses, this is a bad idea for lots of reasons! NORCOR just had another county sign on for 44 beds and ICE has quadrupled their use of the jail, so the jail is making more money. Now their finances are the best they've been in 10 years, they are already hiring more staff. They don't need our tax money especially for a "permanent" tax increase. This is a needless wasteful tax!
More like this story
- Guest Column: New era of TD communication
- Dufur heads to 1A championship game
- For the Record for November 21, 2017
- Crosstalk: It’s all a matter of perspective
- Community Thanksgiving at St. Mary’s
- Bigfoot debate: Spirit or science?
- Bonham voted into OR house
- SWC wraps up banner season with awards
- Looking Back on November 29, 2017
- A Holiday for Heroes
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge