Tuesday, May 9, 2017
To the editor:
The NORCOR board is asking for a permanent tax rate for operating expenses, this is a bad idea for lots of reasons! NORCOR just had another county sign on for 44 beds and ICE has quadrupled their use of the jail, so the jail is making more money. Now their finances are the best they've been in 10 years, they are already hiring more staff. They don't need our tax money especially for a "permanent" tax increase. This is a needless wasteful tax!
More like this story
- Redsides blanked by Arlington
- No. 18 Sherman opens floodgates on Pilot Rock
- Rugged Bruins roll it up on the Riverhawks
- Looking Back on September 24, 2017
- Letter to the Editor: Who is extreme?
- Letter to the Editor: Smoke and mirrors
- Editorial: Council, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- Lifestyle Tour
- Huskies score a four-set home win
- Dufur dismantles Ione in three sets
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge