Saturday, May 6, 2017
To the editor:
More than 150 motorcyclists lead out the Cherry Festival parade each year. This is called the "Teddy Bear Run." You may have noticed that they carry a teddy bear or stuffed animal as they ride.
The teddy bears are donated to Mid-Columbia Medical Center, which in turn gives them to children at the hospital. It's an amazing gift that comforts our youngest community members in such a wonderful way! So, THANK YOU to all the generous motorcyclists who participate in the Teddy Bear Run every year. We appreciate you!
More like this story
- Efforts being made to save mural at old Tum-a-Lum building
- All Stars nab one win at regional tourney
- Looking Back on July 23, 2017
- Letter to the Editor: Blame is shared
- Letter to the Editor: Maupin has big news!
- Editorial: City still doesn’t get the message
- What's Happening from July 23
- Commentary: Communities can become 'fire-adapted'
- Working with Wonder
- For the Record for July 21, 2017
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge