Saturday, May 6, 2017
To the editor:
More than 150 motorcyclists lead out the Cherry Festival parade each year. This is called the "Teddy Bear Run." You may have noticed that they carry a teddy bear or stuffed animal as they ride.
The teddy bears are donated to Mid-Columbia Medical Center, which in turn gives them to children at the hospital. It's an amazing gift that comforts our youngest community members in such a wonderful way! So, THANK YOU to all the generous motorcyclists who participate in the Teddy Bear Run every year. We appreciate you!
More like this story
- SWC wraps up banner season with awards
- Looking Back on November 29, 2017
- A Holiday for Heroes
- Guest Column: Do you know what and where the local drug drop box is?
- Letter to the Editor: MCMC staff awesome
- Letter to the Editor: Good, bad and ugly
- 70 years of hymns
- Five Hawk players earn spots on CRC list
- For the Record for November 17, 2017
- Vet explains public ‘outrage’
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge