Friday, May 5, 2017
Sonrise Academy students participate May 4 in a local worship service tied to the National Day of Prayer, an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May. President Harry S. Truman signed the ritual into law after it was approved by Congress in 1952. People of all faiths are invited to spend time on that day praying for the nation. The local event was organized by Sonrise and the Wasco County Chapter of Concerned Women for America.
More like this story
- Efforts being made to save mural at old Tum-a-Lum building
- All Stars nab one win at regional tourney
- Looking Back on July 23, 2017
- Letter to the Editor: Blame is shared
- Letter to the Editor: Maupin has big news!
- Editorial: City still doesn’t get the message
- What's Happening from July 23
- Commentary: Communities can become 'fire-adapted'
- Working with Wonder
- For the Record for July 21, 2017
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge