Saturday, July 8, 2017
The Dalles graduates Mike Pifer and Chaise Shroll, finished their second season as football players for the Idaho Contact Football League with runner-up status in the championship game after losing by a 9-7 final margin against the Tribe in a game played in Greenleaf, Idaho, on July 1.
Both athletes played key roles on the Oiler squad this past spring, as the team wound up with an 11-2 overall record. Shroll earned first-team all-ICFL recognition for his standout play at tight end, while Pifer had his name called as a first-team, all-league recipient at offensive guard.
More like this story
- For the Record for July 21, 2017
- Rural hospitals are struggling
- 10U Stars ready for their final destination
- Jail explores long-term funding streams
- Tax plan restores road funds
- Football players take big strides at lineman camp
- 12U Stars make memories in 2017 season
- Portland wants to stream TD’s weather
- Family fears play out in crime
- TD football to host its youth camp at Wahtonka High
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge