Saturday, July 8, 2017
The Dalles graduates Mike Pifer and Chaise Shroll, finished their second season as football players for the Idaho Contact Football League with runner-up status in the championship game after losing by a 9-7 final margin against the Tribe in a game played in Greenleaf, Idaho, on July 1.
Both athletes played key roles on the Oiler squad this past spring, as the team wound up with an 11-2 overall record. Shroll earned first-team all-ICFL recognition for his standout play at tight end, while Pifer had his name called as a first-team, all-league recipient at offensive guard.
More like this story
- Guest Column: New era of TD communication
- Dufur heads to 1A championship game
- For the Record for November 21, 2017
- Crosstalk: It’s all a matter of perspective
- Community Thanksgiving at St. Mary’s
- Bigfoot debate: Spirit or science?
- Bonham voted into OR house
- SWC wraps up banner season with awards
- Looking Back on November 29, 2017
- A Holiday for Heroes
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge