Saturday, July 8, 2017
The Dalles graduates Mike Pifer and Chaise Shroll, finished their second season as football players for the Idaho Contact Football League with runner-up status in the championship game after losing by a 9-7 final margin against the Tribe in a game played in Greenleaf, Idaho, on July 1.
Both athletes played key roles on the Oiler squad this past spring, as the team wound up with an 11-2 overall record. Shroll earned first-team all-ICFL recognition for his standout play at tight end, while Pifer had his name called as a first-team, all-league recipient at offensive guard.
More like this story
- Redsides blanked by Arlington
- No. 18 Sherman opens floodgates on Pilot Rock
- Rugged Bruins roll it up on the Riverhawks
- Looking Back on September 24, 2017
- Letter to the Editor: Who is extreme?
- Letter to the Editor: Smoke and mirrors
- Editorial: Council, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- Lifestyle Tour
- Huskies score a four-set home win
- Dufur dismantles Ione in three sets
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge