Friday, July 7, 2017
To the editor:
This is a letter to the stupid, cruel individual who dumped innocent kittens on Highway 216 on approximately 23 June. They did not stand a chance.
I cannot express the anger and hurt I feel for these young animals.
This is such a senseless thing to do. There are several rescues in this area that specialize in cats. Fur Footed Rescue and Columbia Gorge Cat Rescue do cats only. Catlink and Home at Last Humane Society also do dogs.
Local veterinary clinics and Home at Least can provide phone numbers and email info on all these groups.
Please, if you need help with cats and dogs, ask for help. It is available.
Also, if you find animals that have been dumped, pick them up first, then get help from one of the above organizations. It only takes seconds for an animal to run into a busy road or disappear into the brush.
More like this story
- Redsides blanked by Arlington
- No. 18 Sherman opens floodgates on Pilot Rock
- Rugged Bruins roll it up on the Riverhawks
- Looking Back on September 24, 2017
- Letter to the Editor: Who is extreme?
- Letter to the Editor: Smoke and mirrors
- Editorial: Council, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- Lifestyle Tour
- Huskies score a four-set home win
- Dufur dismantles Ione in three sets
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge