Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Facing athletes from Baker to The Dalles, the local duo of Julie and Jason Hull, in middle, won their respective age divisions at the Elks Hoop Shoot District Free Throw contest held Sunday in Hermiston.
Julie competed against six other participants in her 10-11-year old age division, including last year’s state champion, and made good on 16 of 25 shots from 15 feet out.
In the 8-9-year old classification, Jason battled it out against eight other shooters and hit 21 of 25 shots from 12-feet to score his crown.
Each local Elks winner came to the district event, and there were boys and girls signed up in three different age divisions, 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
State is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11 in Milwaukie.
More like this story
- SWC wraps up banner season with awards
- Looking Back on November 29, 2017
- A Holiday for Heroes
- Guest Column: Do you know what and where the local drug drop box is?
- Letter to the Editor: MCMC staff awesome
- Letter to the Editor: Good, bad and ugly
- 70 years of hymns
- Five Hawk players earn spots on CRC list
- For the Record for November 17, 2017
- Vet explains public ‘outrage’
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge