Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Facing athletes from Baker to The Dalles, the local duo of Julie and Jason Hull, in middle, won their respective age divisions at the Elks Hoop Shoot District Free Throw contest held Sunday in Hermiston.
Julie competed against six other participants in her 10-11-year old age division, including last year’s state champion, and made good on 16 of 25 shots from 15 feet out.
In the 8-9-year old classification, Jason battled it out against eight other shooters and hit 21 of 25 shots from 12-feet to score his crown.
Each local Elks winner came to the district event, and there were boys and girls signed up in three different age divisions, 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
State is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11 in Milwaukie.
More like this story
- Football players take big strides at lineman camp
- 12U Stars make memories in 2017 season
- Portland wants to stream TD’s weather
- Family fears play out in crime
- TD football to host its youth camp at Wahtonka High
- Standouts lead 14U squad to a National crown
- TD cheer ends camp with bevy of awards
- For the Record for July 19, 2017
- DIY drones a hit at Insitu
- Penney’s closing leaves emptiness
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge