Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Facing athletes from Baker to The Dalles, the local duo of Julie and Jason Hull, in middle, won their respective age divisions at the Elks Hoop Shoot District Free Throw contest held Sunday in Hermiston.
Julie competed against six other participants in her 10-11-year old age division, including last year’s state champion, and made good on 16 of 25 shots from 15 feet out.
In the 8-9-year old classification, Jason battled it out against eight other shooters and hit 21 of 25 shots from 12-feet to score his crown.
Each local Elks winner came to the district event, and there were boys and girls signed up in three different age divisions, 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
State is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 11 in Milwaukie.
More like this story
- Pollinator Party
- SWC takes Redside crown
- Hawks pull off Nelson Invitational sweep
- Groups sue Washington state to stop killing of wolves
- Letter to the Editor: Rewarding reception
- Letter to the Editor: Proud of Villaneuva
- Letter to the Editor: Thank you Eagles
- Crosstalk: What role do emotions play in politics?
- For the Record for September 26, 2017
- School libraries note ‘Banned Book Week’
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge