Tuesday, December 5, 2017
To the editor:
Did you know that those infamous, insolent, cruel and callous cowpunchers are actually not the big, bad, baleful bovine bullies they’re made out to be?
The press somehow ignored their great sensitivity in this matter. They only use the very largest and supersoft boxing gloves on the market.
Yet, the “Save the Heifers” organization still insists that it’s quite unfair. “After all,” they say, “when a cowpuncher stops his car to wade into a field of cattle, then says to Bossie, ‘Put them up! ‘Put them up!’ She never can.”
In retrospect, maybe it’s the “Save the Heifers” getting the bum steer.
More like this story
- Sharing Music’s Memories
- Shots don’t fall in 64-33 Husky loss
- No. 12 Dufur gets a lopsided win over North Lake
- No. 1 Sherman keeps on chugging
- Dufur defense leading the charge
- Hawks show grit in defeat of St. Helens
- Editorial: Time to review juvenile jail powers
- Looking Back on December 17, 2017
- For the Record for December 15, 2017
- Riverhawk football athletes score year-end awards
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge