Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Violinist and band leader Tom Rigney and his band Flambeau took Monday night’s audience at The Dalles High School on an upbeat musical journey through the passionate and danceable New Orleans style of Cajun, blues and American roots music. The five-piece band was recently featured on the OPB TV program Music Gone Public and Rigney’s music career has included tours with Zydeco legend Queen Ida and the award-winning swing band Back in the Saddle. The next Mid-Columbia Community Concert Association event is Wednesday, May 17, with acappella folk band Women of the World. Tickets and information at www.mccca.info.
More like this story
- Guest Column: New era of TD communication
- Dufur heads to 1A championship game
- For the Record for November 21, 2017
- Crosstalk: It’s all a matter of perspective
- Community Thanksgiving at St. Mary’s
- Bigfoot debate: Spirit or science?
- Bonham voted into OR house
- SWC wraps up banner season with awards
- Looking Back on November 29, 2017
- A Holiday for Heroes
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge