Thursday, April 20, 2017
To the editor:
Are you drawing straws in the Chronicle newsroom to see who writes what story? In the universe of Big Stories, cows having “gas” must be important to someone. RaeLynn did as fine a job as anyone could with informing the readers of such.
I remember once at the Portland Zoo a giraffe got hold of a soda and produced a belch so LOUD and LONG the startled folks on the coast ran to higher ground thinking a tsunami was coming! Did the dinosaurs graze through wild Brussel Sprout fields and the methane cloud generated along with lightning cause an explosion for a “Big Boom” extinction theory?
Drawing straws in the Chronicle newsroom…I wonder who’ll get to write the story, “What squirrels are really doing with their nuts?”
More like this story
- For the Record for October 18, 2017
- Hoops signups are tonight at 6 p.m.
- TD is staying on its top course
- TD boys qualify for the playoffs
- Hawks win 2-1; qualify for the 5A playoffs
- Council focuses on room tax
- Underwood Fruit and Warehouse Co. burns
- Turnaround in outbreak
- Walden forum sparks debate
- TD’s top athletes
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge