Thursday, April 20, 2017
To the editor:
I attended the Walden town hall on Wednesday (in Hood River) and was disturbed and appalled by the behavior of many other attendees. We live in a great country and democracy is a great thing.
Debate is a welcome part of democracy but booing, interrupting, yelling, stomping feet, calling names and not allowing Mr. Walden to respond is not productive engagement.
There were kids and children in attendance. We all are teachers of our future generations, so let’s practice respect and good manners. These are what we want our children to learn no matter your political persuasion. I was not able to attend the Merkley town hall but from what I hear, it was a very different experience.
More like this story
- For the Record for December 15, 2017
- Riverhawk football athletes score year-end awards
- CGBA sends five squads to Hoops Classic
- Oil tankers may need tug escort on Columbia
- Volunteers gear up for bike build
- Season challenges veterans
- ‘Makerspace’ coming soon
- Sherman dominates Trinity Lutheran
- Riverhawks win 14 matches in La Grande
- Letter to the Editor: Bless Trump
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge