Thursday, April 20, 2017
To the editor:
I attended the Walden town hall on Wednesday (in Hood River) and was disturbed and appalled by the behavior of many other attendees. We live in a great country and democracy is a great thing.
Debate is a welcome part of democracy but booing, interrupting, yelling, stomping feet, calling names and not allowing Mr. Walden to respond is not productive engagement.
There were kids and children in attendance. We all are teachers of our future generations, so let’s practice respect and good manners. These are what we want our children to learn no matter your political persuasion. I was not able to attend the Merkley town hall but from what I hear, it was a very different experience.
More like this story
- TDHS duo shines at PNW showcase
- Letter to the Editor: Saved our warehouse
- Letter to the Editor: Stand up to Trump
- Editorial: Ancient cultures feared an eclipse
- Looking Back on August 20, 2017
- What's Happening from August 20
- Veterans take flight
- No eclipse glasses? Make a pinhole projector!
- Eclipse information from OR emergency management
- Kids triathlon set for Sept. 17 in HR
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge