Thursday, April 20, 2017
To the editor:
I attended the Walden town hall on Wednesday (in Hood River) and was disturbed and appalled by the behavior of many other attendees. We live in a great country and democracy is a great thing.
Debate is a welcome part of democracy but booing, interrupting, yelling, stomping feet, calling names and not allowing Mr. Walden to respond is not productive engagement.
There were kids and children in attendance. We all are teachers of our future generations, so let’s practice respect and good manners. These are what we want our children to learn no matter your political persuasion. I was not able to attend the Merkley town hall but from what I hear, it was a very different experience.
More like this story
- Riverhawk tracksters give coach hope for the future
- At long last, Sherman advances to state playoffs
- Dufur wins first district title since 2008
- For the Record for May 23, 2017
- Letter to the Editor: Azure’s weeds
- Letter to the Editor: Thank you
- Crosstalk: Time for more road, bridge funds
- Homeless man charged in child porn case
- Memorial Day observances planned
- Dirt City Jam
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge