Thursday, April 20, 2017
To the editor:
I attended the Walden town hall on Wednesday (in Hood River) and was disturbed and appalled by the behavior of many other attendees. We live in a great country and democracy is a great thing.
Debate is a welcome part of democracy but booing, interrupting, yelling, stomping feet, calling names and not allowing Mr. Walden to respond is not productive engagement.
There were kids and children in attendance. We all are teachers of our future generations, so let’s practice respect and good manners. These are what we want our children to learn no matter your political persuasion. I was not able to attend the Merkley town hall but from what I hear, it was a very different experience.
More like this story
- For the Record for October 18, 2017
- Hoops signups are tonight at 6 p.m.
- TD is staying on its top course
- TD boys qualify for the playoffs
- Hawks win 2-1; qualify for the 5A playoffs
- Council focuses on room tax
- Underwood Fruit and Warehouse Co. burns
- Turnaround in outbreak
- Walden forum sparks debate
- TD’s top athletes
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge