Thursday, April 20, 2017
To the editor:
I attended the Walden town hall on Wednesday (in Hood River) and was disturbed and appalled by the behavior of many other attendees. We live in a great country and democracy is a great thing.
Debate is a welcome part of democracy but booing, interrupting, yelling, stomping feet, calling names and not allowing Mr. Walden to respond is not productive engagement.
There were kids and children in attendance. We all are teachers of our future generations, so let’s practice respect and good manners. These are what we want our children to learn no matter your political persuasion. I was not able to attend the Merkley town hall but from what I hear, it was a very different experience.
More like this story
- Local talent showcased Saturday
- Basketball rule changes instituted
- Coach Garrett retires from softball post
- Letter to the Editor: Act today
- Letter to the Editor: Don’t bash
- Letter to the Editor: GOP wrong
- Letter to the Editor: Compromise
- For the Record for June 22, 2017
- Burning banned July 1
- CenterPointe plans merger with Inland NW of Spokane
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge