Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Leland Brown, an expert from the Oregon Zoo, will be speaking about the use of lead and non-lead ammunition for hunting at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center & Museum this Saturday, April 22.
Brown will address a key conservation issue that hunters and non-hunters are facing. Through education and outreach, he hopes to inspire hunters and other to boost habitat conservation efforts, and points out that hunters have traditionally been among the stronger supporters of conservation.
Brown’s presentation will last approximately 30 minutes, followed by a question and answer session.
The event, which begins at noon in the Discovery Center’s Murdock Theater, is free.
For more information, call 541-296-8600, ext. 210.
More like this story
- For the Record for October 18, 2017
- Hoops signups are tonight at 6 p.m.
- TD is staying on its top course
- TD boys qualify for the playoffs
- Hawks win 2-1; qualify for the 5A playoffs
- Council focuses on room tax
- Underwood Fruit and Warehouse Co. burns
- Turnaround in outbreak
- Walden forum sparks debate
- TD’s top athletes
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge