Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Leland Brown, an expert from the Oregon Zoo, will be speaking about the use of lead and non-lead ammunition for hunting at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center & Museum this Saturday, April 22.
Brown will address a key conservation issue that hunters and non-hunters are facing. Through education and outreach, he hopes to inspire hunters and other to boost habitat conservation efforts, and points out that hunters have traditionally been among the stronger supporters of conservation.
Brown’s presentation will last approximately 30 minutes, followed by a question and answer session.
The event, which begins at noon in the Discovery Center’s Murdock Theater, is free.
For more information, call 541-296-8600, ext. 210.
More like this story
- Local talent showcased Saturday
- Basketball rule changes instituted
- Coach Garrett retires from softball post
- Letter to the Editor: Act today
- Letter to the Editor: Don’t bash
- Letter to the Editor: GOP wrong
- Letter to the Editor: Compromise
- For the Record for June 22, 2017
- Burning banned July 1
- CenterPointe plans merger with Inland NW of Spokane
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge