Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Leland Brown, an expert from the Oregon Zoo, will be speaking about the use of lead and non-lead ammunition for hunting at the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center & Museum this Saturday, April 22.
Brown will address a key conservation issue that hunters and non-hunters are facing. Through education and outreach, he hopes to inspire hunters and other to boost habitat conservation efforts, and points out that hunters have traditionally been among the stronger supporters of conservation.
Brown’s presentation will last approximately 30 minutes, followed by a question and answer session.
The event, which begins at noon in the Discovery Center’s Murdock Theater, is free.
For more information, call 541-296-8600, ext. 210.
More like this story
- TD softball storms back for wins
- TD boys capture fifth place at Tetherow
- TD baseball scores a sweep of Hermiston
- For the Record for April 25, 2017
- Guest Column: Gorge commission budget in crisis
- Letter to the Editor: Voice your concerns
- Crosstalk: The case for open borders — or not
- Incumbent faces challenge
- Wyden talks Trump, policy
- Parade Tricks
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge