Tuesday, April 18, 2017
To the editor:
I attended the town hall meeting held by Congressman Greg Walden in The Dalles on April 12.. I was appalled at the rudeness of people. He is our representative to the United States Congress and people would not even let him finish answering any of the questions they asked.
Now you would think the attendees were young people, but no most were in their 50’s to 70’s. This is the ages people were taught respect and manners. Where has civility and courtesy gone to?
I am wondering if Senator Wyden will receive the same rudeness when he comes to do his town hall meeting on April 21. I doubt it since the people making all the noise were the Democrats.
Republicans tolerated the last eight years of the Democrats in office without yelling at town hall meetings and I am sure we will be able to be polite even with Wyden who does not represent how we believe.
Do unto others how you would want to be treated and show respect.
Darlien France Dufur
More like this story
- Oregon governor expands abortion, reproductive coverage
- Four individuals get Hall of Honor nod
- Telles captures TDCC golf championship
- Wheatland takes root in TD
- Inmate captured
- Eclipse safety plans upgraded
- CGCC, Toda part ways
- Youth pheasant hunts coming to Tygh Valley
- New A.D. knows value of sports
- For the Record for August 15, 2017
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge