Saturday, April 8, 2017
Robin Pashek and Kiana Pielli fought for straight-sets wins, but The Dalles girls’ tennis team lost three of four doubles matches in third-set match-breakers in a 6-2 home loss to Ridgeview.
Pashek won at No. 1 singles, 6-0, 6-2 over Ciara Pinkerton, and Pielli added a No. 2 singles win, 6-1, 6-1 against Mare Carr.
TD lost two other singles matches and a No. 1 doubles match in two sets.
The No. 2 tandem of Cassie Vazquez and Maggie Corey won their first set, 7-5, but lost 4-6, 10-12 to Kaylynne Boaroma and Megan Allredge.
Ridgeview’s Felicity Kohler and Destiny Perkins outlasted Natalie Varland and Lupita Contreras, 6-3, 2-6, 10-4, and Kim Chavez and Kim Jaramillo beat TD’s Jessica Vega and Liz Leon, 3-6, 6-2, 10-7.
The Riverhawks next play in Mac-Hi at 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
More like this story
- Teams back on the gridiron for weekend tilts
- Riverhawks get to strut their stuff at home
- For the Record for September 21, 2017
- Guest Column: We must act to prevent wildfires
- Letter to the Editor: Ask first
- ‘The Phat Pack’ kick off community concert series
- Two arrested in poaching bust
- Room tax use under review
- Free Bird
- For the Record for September 20, 2017
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge