Saturday, July 30, 2016
The Mid-Columbia Senior Center invites grandparents to share their most memorable moments with grandchildren in an essay and possibly earn a prize for their efforts.
Joan Silver, who is organizing the contest, said all entries must be received at the center, 1112 W. Ninth Street in The Dalles, by noon on Sept. 3. They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be 200 words or less to qualify.
More than one submission can be sent, but each must come in separately.
Participating sponsors, to date, are Bicoastal Media and The Dalles Chronicle, which will judge the entries.
Prizes are now being collected from area businesses and will be handed out after the winners are chosen.
“We are going to blank the names of the writers to ensure they stay unknown during the judging — and we will announce them at the Grandparents Breakfast,” said Silver.
Winners will be named at the Grandparents Breakfast on Saturday, Sept. 10 at the center (more details later).
For more information on the contest call 541-296-2771.
More like this story
- TD football to host its youth camp at Wahtonka High
- Standouts lead 14U squad to a National crown
- TD cheer ends camp with bevy of awards
- For the Record for July 19, 2017
- DIY drones a hit at Insitu
- Penney’s closing leaves emptiness
- Cherry market is the pits
- TD gets back on a winning track
- Slow start hurts TD in opener
- TD battling its way back into contention
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge