Saturday, July 30, 2016
The Mid-Columbia Senior Center invites grandparents to share their most memorable moments with grandchildren in an essay and possibly earn a prize for their efforts.
Joan Silver, who is organizing the contest, said all entries must be received at the center, 1112 W. Ninth Street in The Dalles, by noon on Sept. 3. They can be emailed to email@example.com and must be 200 words or less to qualify.
More than one submission can be sent, but each must come in separately.
Participating sponsors, to date, are Bicoastal Media and The Dalles Chronicle, which will judge the entries.
Prizes are now being collected from area businesses and will be handed out after the winners are chosen.
“We are going to blank the names of the writers to ensure they stay unknown during the judging — and we will announce them at the Grandparents Breakfast,” said Silver.
Winners will be named at the Grandparents Breakfast on Saturday, Sept. 10 at the center (more details later).
For more information on the contest call 541-296-2771.
More like this story
- Pollinator Party
- SWC takes Redside crown
- Hawks pull off Nelson Invitational sweep
- Groups sue Washington state to stop killing of wolves
- Letter to the Editor: Rewarding reception
- Letter to the Editor: Proud of Villaneuva
- Letter to the Editor: Thank you Eagles
- Crosstalk: What role do emotions play in politics?
- For the Record for September 26, 2017
- School libraries note ‘Banned Book Week’
Mosier oil train fire
Clips from oil train fire in Mosier, Friday, June 3, 2016. by Mark B. Gibson/The Dalles Chronicle. Enlarge